You get not one, but TWO recipes in this post! I have found a couple of biscuit recipes that are so tasty. They are very different so they can be used for a variety of meals.
1. The first is just your average type of biscuit. It resembles a flour type of bread. They are simple to make.
Sometimes I add cinnamon to the butter….tasty addition!
2. The 2nd recipe is a sweet potato bacon biscuit. Sooooo good. A friend from my MOPS table brought these and as you can see I’m all in on these! And sweet potatoes are pretty inexpensive, plus the taste of bacon, how could they not be more perfect?!
Bacon Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 cups mashed
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 whisk eggs
- 6-8 strips of bacon diced
- Leftover rendered fat from bacon
- 3-4 tbsp chives, thinly diced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 415°
- Poke holes in your sweet potato with a fork
- Place in oven and bake 40 minutes or until soft
- Once the sweet potato is done baking turn your oven down to 375°
- Cook your bacon until crispy. Then place your cooked crispy bacon on a plate covered with paper towel to soak up excess fat. The fat that is left behind in the pan you will use in your biscuits
- After sweet potato his cold for a few minutes pew and place in a bowl and mash with a fork
- Add your eggs and mix well with your sweet potato then add your bacon fat and mix well
- And your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then add your bacon and chives. Mix thoroughly
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a large spoon to drop your biscuits on the sheet, shaping them as needed. Try to make them all equal in size so they cook the same
- Pleason oven and cook about 25 minutes
- Let cool and top with grass fed butter if you desire.