So I love homemade granola but haven’t made it in a while because I would use oats and flour. In fact I have a couple RECIPES that I used to make all the time and my girls love eating. I knew I could sub the flour easily, but what about the oats?? Well I found the PERFECT recipe so I’ll share. It’s Paleo so no grains or refined sugars.
2 cups nuts (I did almonds and walnuts)
1/4 cup coconut flakes (optional)
2 tbsp tapioca flour (this gives it a crunch…you don’t have to but if you have on hand, I would)
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
- Put all ingredients except coconut oil in food processor or blender.
- Pulse to combine and add chunks of coconut oil as it gets crumbly and mixes.
- Once crumbly, stop and spread on a pan.
- Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes. I suggest taking out and mixing up a little in between.
- When browsing slightly, remove and let cool and break apart.
This is so good! My husband has been putting some in his yogurt and loves it. It’s a great snack with a banana and you’re not getting any grains or refined sugar so no blood sugar crash; it’s quite filling. I think adding pumpkin spice and cashews and Brazil nuts would be tasty too. So many options! Let me know what you come up with.