I found a recipe on Pinterest and my new favorite food seems to be sweet potatoes lately, besides onions! But this recipe has both. Win win. I’ve decided to alter this for a single serving for my breakfast. It’s so exciting. I don’t have sausage so I’m just doing without, but I do plan on making it with sausage because I love eating it 🙂 Remember that eating breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets the pace for the day, levels your blood sugar, gets your metabolism burning, and really helps with controlling your cravings. Your body just fasted through the night so breakfast is IMPORTANT.
Sweet Potato Hash One Serving
1 sweet potato
1 tbsp butter or olive oil
1-2 eggs (I used one)
1. Get pan warm, medium to high heat with oil or butter.
2. Cut sweet potato and put in pan. Stir regularly (cook 1-2 ounces of sausage in other pan, optional)
3. Once they’re cooked well enough, add onion, thyme, salt, pepper (all to taste), and cook a few minutes longer.
4. Scramble one or two eggs and add to cooked potatoes and onion (add cooked sausage with eggs).
5. Once cooked, put on your plate and EAT. Serve with fruit